Friday, September 7, 2012

color me rad

in october, sarah, leah, pam, christine, and i (and lots of others) will be doing the color me rad 5k.
i've never been a runner.  i can walk for miles and miles but running has never interested me.  leah, sarah, and i have been doing weekly walking for awhile now but we just haven't really seen the results we were hoping for.  we always joked about running more but it's hard to vent about life and run too.  the venting always won out.
 
so, a friend of mine invited me to run in the color me rad 5k.  never done one.  honestly, i thought the 5k meant 5 miles.....whoops.  i checked it out and became excited about the idea of people throwing colored cornstarch at me.  i also really wanted the tshirt and sunglasses that come with your entry fee.  so, i rounded up a group of friends who also like to walk/run and we registered!  i'm really excited. 
 
i'm only worried about what outfit i'm going to wear and how long the color is going to be stuck in my hair!!
 
 
to get prepared, leah, sarah, and i have begun the couch to 5k training program.  we are on week 3 and it's going well!
 
we like to mix in a friday night of "wine jogging".  we're feeling good and whether we walk the 5k or run it, i think we'll feel much more confident about our results!
 
i'll post the results after oct. 27!!  does this mean i can put one of these on my car?  :)
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment